Algon's Hotzone Algaecide
|Complex blend of copper salts plus benzyl ammonium chloride
|1L per 50,000L
Price Comparison - Algon's Hotzone Algaecide
What Is Algon's Hotzone Algaecide?
Algon's Hotzone Algaecide is an algae killer product that uses a combination of copper salts and benzyl ammonium chloride to kill these microorganisms.
This particular algaecide is specifically designed to kill black and mustard algae, rather than the more common green algae. It has also been formulated to work better in warm, tropical climates (QLD & NT) or in heated pools.
Be aware the because this algaecide does contain copper, it will raise the copper concentration in your water and you run the risk of copper staining in the future if excess chlorine is added to your pool.
If you are concerned about this, consider using a copper-free algaecide.
How Much Hotzone Algaecide Should I Dose Into My Pool?
Algon recommends dosing 1 litre of this product per 50,000 litres of pool volume as an initial dose. In other words, 200mL of algaecide per 10,000L of pool water.
For ongoing monthly dosing, use 10% of the initial dose. This is 20mL of algaecide per 10,000L of pool water.
Algon claims that because this algaecide will prevent algae from growing in your pool, your chlorine demand (and therefore chlorine usage) will be lower if using this product on a regular basis.
Carry out the following steps when dosing Algon's Hotzone Algaecide:
- Ensure that your pH is between 7.2 - 7.6 and that your free chlorine is within the recommended range (usually 2-4 ppm).
- Calculate the appropriate dose for your pool based on the dosing guide above.
- Put on appropriate PPE (glasses and gloves).
- Measure out the calculated dose.
- With the pump running, walk around the edge of your pool, pouring in the algaecide.
- Wash away any spilled product, and anything else that came in contact with the algaecide.