Lo-Chlor Algae Knock Out 2.5L
|500mL per 10,000L
Select size below:
Price Comparison - Lo-Chlor Algae Knock Out 2.5L
What Is Lo-Chlor Algae Knock Out?
Lo-Chlor Algae Knock Out is a general purpose algaecide designed to kill black, green and mustard algae in swimming pools. It works well with almost all pool surfaces and types.
It's active ingredient is quaternary ammonium base, which acts to break open the algae cells and release them from the pool surface for removal by your filter.
What Is The Recommended Dose For Algae Knock Out?
Lo-Chlor recommends a dose of 2.5L per 50,000L of pool volume. You will need the larger 5L size if your pool volume is greater than 50,000L.
Take care to not add too much knock out, otherwise you will get a lot of foaming on the surface of your pool and risk excess formation of combined chlorine.
How Do I Use This Product?
Here's how to use the Lo-Chlor algaecide properly:
- Calculate the necessary dosage for your pool (500mL per 10,000L of pool volume)
- Put on safety goggles and gloves
- Lower the pH in your water to 7.2 using hydrochloric acid or sodium bisulphate
- Measure out the dose calculated earlier into a bucket
- Ensure that the pump and filter are running
- Pour the dose into your pool while walking around the perimeter
- Be aware that foam may form after using this algaecide - foam may be more severe in salt water pools
Are There Any Risks With Using Lo-Chlor Algae Knock Out?
This product contains high concentrations of ammonia, so once it mixes into your pool water, it may react with your free chlorine to form chloramines, which show up as combined chlorine.
These chloramines are undesirable and give off the characteristic 'chlorine' odour. You will need to add extra chlorine to your pool to oxidise them and maintain a decent free chlorine level.
You may also want to keep an eye on your pH. You will have dropped it down to 7.2 (as per step 3 above), so make sure it doesn't fall any further. Correct if necessary.